LIVE LAB CITY OF VEJLE IS A CIRCULAR PROCESS
- 1. SIMULATION OF VEJLE IN YEAR 2050
We intend to simulate the challenges and possibilities that the city of Vejle may face in 2050 as the result of a full implementation of the global energy and environmental objectives as well as the changes in population, data and climate that the city may expect in the next 35 years within the following fields:
- 2. POTENTIAL INCIDENTS IN THE CITY IN 2050
On the basis of simulations of the expected circumstances in 2050 and in close cooperation with consumers, companies, authorities and organisations, we will identify the consequences of these potential future incidents divided into the following categories:
Immediate incidents – i.e. incidents of a sudden and disastrous nature:
- Power outages, flooding, torrential rain, internet outages etc.
Stress incidents – i.e. incidents that develop over a number of years:
- Increased water levels, increasingly larger quantities of renewable energy in the grid, increased data quantities etc.
- 3. SHOULD WE AIM AT PREVENTING OR MINIMIZING THE INCONVENIENCE OF THESE POTENTIAL INCIDENTS?
It is our intention to develop preventive solutions that could:
- minimize serious consequences of these potential immediate and stress incidentsfor the city
- ensure that the most vital functions of the city are upheld during such incidents
- re-establish the functions within the city after such incidents.
A number of solutions are feasible.
The ideas and solutions may originate from a vast number of sources. Therefore, we encourage any company and institution with knowledge, competencies, technologies, tools etc. that may supplement the competencies of the pioneers to contact us with the purpose of entering a dialogue on a potential collaboration.
The solutions may involve many different areas such as:
- decentralised solutions
- contingency plans
- civic groups
- design and much more.
4. TESTING/DEMONSTRATION OF SOLUTIONS IN LIVE LAB VEJLE
We want to implement the solutions in all of or parts of the city of Vejle to be able to see the overall effect and estimate the consequences at a holistic level with a realistic picture of daily factors like people, life, movement etc.
- Decentralized and autonomous solutions
- The transformation of a city from consuming to producing